Exclusive Look – Most expected movies of 2012
New Year 2012 is all set to bring you the most promising flicks for the audiences.
While most of the hit movies of 2011 had impressed not just our regional masses, but also the entire Nation.
‘Aadukalam’ winning the most prestigious awards, ‘Aaranya Kaandam’ winning critical acclaims and almost half dozen of remake considerations in Bollywood and other regional industries.
Well, 2012 is gonna be more and more special as the actors, directors and technicians have grabbed the eyeball of international audiences now.
1. Nanban: 3 Idiots has already carried away the global attention through its excellent treatment of Chetan Bhagat’s ‘Five Point Someone’. However, director Shankar adds his own touch adding the South Indian flavors. The combination of Vijay, Jiiva and Srikanth has stolen the show with the first look posters and the teasers. Harris has come up with best score and the film is scheduled to hit screens on Jan 12, 2011.
2. Vettai: A pure commercial entertainer is on the way. A mass appeal from Aarya and Madhavan. The story about two brothers and their romantic connection with sisters. The action sequences are said to be one of the promising highlights of the film. Yuvan Shankar Raja’s ‘Pappa Pappa Pappapam’ has become a raging hit in youtube.
3. 3 – Maybe, ‘Why This Kolaveri’ has gained global popularity, but the makers affirm that there is much to look upon the film than this factor. Starring Dhanush and Shruthi Haasan in lead roles, the film is directed by the actor’s wife Aishwarya. The musical spell be newcomer Anirudh has been a massive hit with almost all the tracks becoming chartbusters.
4. Saguni: When it comes to home production, Karthi chooses to sign newcomers to direct his films as he believes newcomers are bounded to fresh ideas. This is a political satire laced with comedy and action. Santhanam is said to be the second hero in this film. Directed by Shankar Dayal, the film is produced by Karthi’s newly launched banner Dream Warriors Pictures.
5. Neethaane En Ponvasantham: Following the grand success of ‘Vinnaithaandi Varuvaaya’, director Gautham Vasudev Menon is back with yet another romantic melodrama. Made simultaneously in Tamil, Telugu and Hindi, the film features Jiiva and Samantha in lead roles. For the first time, Santhanam will be seen in Gautham Menon’s film.
6. Maatran: Suriya-Harris Jayaraj-K.V. Anand: The combo doesn’t need an introduction as they have spelled a fabulous credit for their outstanding commercial blockbuster movie ‘Ayan’. This time, K.V. Anand has chosen an unparalleled theme as the backdrop as the tagline says – ‘The end is the beginning of something.’ Suriya is reported of appearing in different get-ups while Kajal Agarwal’s glamorous appeal will steal the show. Major portions of the film are extensively shot in Russia.
7. Billa-2: Precisely, this is going to be the biggest opening for this year as the distributors and theatre owners are very much excited about it. Reason? Ajith Kumar’s golden jubilee movie ‘Mankatha’ grossed with a whooping collection of Rs.130Crores in box office. Moreover, the brand ‘Billa’ will turn the attention of almost everyone in South Asian continent. For the first time, an Asian movie is shot in a Digital camera with 5K resolution.
8. Vettai Mannan: The film is crime drama revolving around the territories of assassins and how the networking is done. Directed by newcomer Nelson, the film is said to be a topmost assassin travelling across various parts of the globe for his assignments. It’s a big budget movie shot in various locations of the globe. Silambarasan is donning a different role for the first time and Jai is another hero in the film.
9. Thuppakki: For first time, it’s going to be a combination of Ilayathalapathy Vijay and A.R. Murugadoss. The shooting is happening in Mumbai at a rapid pace and is scheduled to hit screens somewhere in August.
10. Mugamoodi: Touted to be the first of its kind of superhero movie, UTV Motion Pictures has decided to spend a big sum into the production. Jiiva plays the role of a superhero while red-hot Pooja Hegde makes her debut in Kollywood and Narain plays the baddie character. Switching over from his exceptional genre of movies, Mysskin will be foraying as a commercial director with this movie.
11. Thaandavam: Director Vijay has been making movies inspired from Hollywood and foreign movies. While ‘Deiva Thirumagal’ proved to be a great winner amongst the masses, critics and box office collections, we have the same combo of Vijay-Vikram-Anushka coming up with a taut action thriller. To be shot across the exotic locales of India, New Delhi and United States of America, the film has Madharasapattinam fame Amy Jackson in another female lead character. G.V. Prakash is scoring music and Nirav Shah is handling cinematography.
12. Singam-2: This will be a quickie that will go on floors once Suriya completes shooting for his present project ‘Maatran’. The film will be produced by Suriya’s close relative K.E. Gnanavel Raja of Studio Green Films. Amala Paul has been signed for playing female lead role in this movie while rest of the crew is expected to be the same as it was in ‘Singam’.
13. Kochadaiyan: Superstar Rajnikanth’s first movie to be based on motion capturing technology. Filmmaker K.S. Ravikumar will be handling story, screenplay and dialogues while superstar’s youngest daughter Soundarya will be wielding megaphone. The film is at its initial stage of preproduction phase.
14. Viswaroobam: Kamal Haasan had initially joined hands with director Selvaraghavan. But they parted ways due to creative difference of opinions, thereby letting Kamal Haasan to wield the megaphone. The film’s first schedule is proceeding in United States of America.
You might like...
Incoming search terms:
- TAMILWIRE COM EXCLUSIVE